Friday, February 8, 2008

What a Day!

I had this great idea for a blog posting about our "do it yourself spa vacation" here in Reno. We are relaxing, eating right, drinking healthy tea, walking along a beautiful river, sleeping in... all the makings of a spa. But we are shopping and cooking all on our own, we are still doing our own laundry, and oh yeah... Shauna is visiting a cancer clinic everyday! But man has it been a good time for me. I needed this downtime and to see Shauna so much. It has been wonderful.

Today was an "interesting" day at the clinic. I'm sure that Shauna will fill you all in on her blog later on. Definitely a roller coaster with both good and bad things. I think after all that, Shauna is almost changing her mind about wanting to come home. I sure hope she doesn't just drop me off at the airport and then speed off!! ;) Her Simba doggie would be really bummed out... he misses her terribly I hear.

Tonight was great... we went to see "27 Dresses". What a cute chick flick. Lots of laughter was just the thing we needed. Had so much more that we wanted to do and see, but we sure did make the most of our time in Reno. And luckily... no tattoos or body piercings! Shauna did get another cute wig today, and I got a pony tail extension for Memo's tail! How funny is that??? The horse people want $200-300 for those extensions!!! She will finally have a tail befitting a princess for the upcoming Arabian dressage show ;)

I'm pretty wiped out... time to get jammies on and take it easy... Nighty night.

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

do it yourself spa, paris and shauna style! sign me up for another 2 weeks!!!

you better keep a short leash on me tomorrow so i don't ditch you at the airport!!!

we need to do these kinds of things more!

xoxo
si

Laura Nicholas said...

oh too funny about the horse extensions. I didn't even know they made such a thing... Wonder what the airport security will think of that in the suitcase???

Sounds like you girls have had a good time out of the situation. you both deserve it.

See you soon!
Laura