Thursday, February 28, 2008

Is this really Oregon?

I know I should not even type that... it will rain tomorrow for sure now! It has been absolutely gorgeous weather lately... Shauna and I have been walking every morning for almost three weeks and have only encountered about 3 raindrops. Amazing for February! Love it!

Nat has been able to ride Memo outdoors too! We are ready to get horseshoes put back on Memo so they can start conditioning on hills, etc. for cross country training (she usually does not have shoes on in the winter). They are both in heaven!


Today I will walk again, then hit the grocery store. We are going to celebrate Jim's birthday this weekend since everyone was busy the weekend after his birthday. I will make Jim's mom's yummy spaghetti sauce (takes 3 hours!) and a big spread to go with it.... antipasto plate, salad, bruschetta, and a chocolate ganache cake.

Then it is out to the barn for a lesson... I swear we live out there. I love every minute of watching Nat ride Memo though... they share a deep love for each other. Monday Nat was pulling the stirrup down before getting on Memo... Memo reached around with her ears perked forward to snuggle with Nat. Just warmed my heart. I always wanted Nat to have that kind of relationship with a horse. Incredible.

Friday will be a fun night. Nat has a birthday party for a school friend in Northwest Portland at NW Children's Theatre... that should be a blast. I guess over 30 kids will be there! Jim and I will sneak out to dinner at 23Hoyt. Can't wait. The chef there is one that did our Plate and Pitchfork dinner at a local farm last summer. We have always wanted to try his restaurant. 

Have a great weekend everyone!



1 comment:

Team Immel said...

love the photo of nat! and love the oregon weather and walking with you every morning! it's done wonders for me and simba! always enjoy our time together. have a fabulous time this weekend at all of your exciting events!
xoxo
shauna