Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sad News...

Natalie called me from school while I was driving home from dropping her off. The young man who was killed in a bicycling accident last night was an ACMA student. Evidently he was hit by a bus near the corner of Farmington and Murray. Just heart-breaking. Some of Natalie's friends knew him. Many people at school are sobbing. I'm sure it will be a very tough day around there. Please keep the school and his loved ones in your prayers.

Stuff like this just tears me apart. Makes me want to keep Natalie home and safe in my arms. So hard to let her do her thing... I want to protect her and keep her safe. But I know I can't do that all the time. I know God has a plan for her.... but when something like this happens it is so difficult to understand how it could be part of a plan.... just not right. My heart is breaking for his family.

Off to start my day of walking with Shauna and eating right... I'm really off to a great start. One thing I will be careful of though... little treats will not be the end of the world. Can't imagine not baking and eating the things I love at least once in awhile. I will do my best to make better choices most of the time though...

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

that is heartbreaking. i can't even imagine the pain that family is feeling right now. i will hold them in my hearts.

i too want to keep my kids and family close and out of harms way. To protect them from the what ifs of life. the hardest thing is letting them go out and live. being a mom is so hard!!!

i'm so proud of you p for getting up and walking those darn hills with me for the last few days and for coming to reno and walking with me there. you are doing great and we'll keep it up and add to it and make good choices and we'll see some improvements with time. you go girl!

see you tomorrow at 845am! same time and place!

xxoxox
shauna

Jean said...

oh man, how sad about the bicycling accident. Those poor kids and the family of the child..I cant even imagine. I do agree about keeping our kids safe. Its so hard! Hope Natalie is okay.
Hugs
Jean

ps-great job on your walking and eating healthy! Wish I could join you

Laura Nicholas said...

oh my - I hadn't heard about this. Haven't been watching much tv the past couple of days. I can't imagine. It has got to be just unbearable to lose a child. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts.

Laura