Thursday, February 21, 2008

Nasty Virus

Nat is down for the count. Tuesday night she started to feel pretty crummy. By Wednesday morning, she was running a slight temp and had a horrible cough... no school for her. Today she woke up at 4:00AM with a 103 degree temp! She was so miserable and hardly slept all night. Her cough sounded even worse, and her sore throat and earache were really bothering her. I gave her some tylenol and sent her back to bed. At 7:00AM she was still at 102 so I thought I should take her to see the doctor.

No ear infection. No strep. Just a nasty virus. The doctor told us to come back if she has a fever for longer than 4 days... I guess some kids have been getting pneumonia from it! Yikes.

Shauna and I have been still sneaking out for our walks. She brought Nat the cutest horsey notebook and cards... Thanks Shauna :) I'm hoping my flu shot will make me immune to the madness... no time for me to be sick. I've also been obsessive about washing my hands!

She is missing Memo terribly.... hates not being able to ride and go to her lessons. I know that Elise and Janice will take good care of her.

I hope she is feeling better by Saturday... she and her Pony Club friends are participating in the Regional Quiz Rally down at the Polk County Fairgrounds. They will be tested on their horse knowledge for the entire day! Nat loves this kind of stuff... she has been very inspirational to her teammates by emailing out a "Question of the Day" to help them study. I hope she can go and kick some horsey trivia butt!!

Jim is going with some guys from work to do paintball on Saturday. That should be a hoot and a good way to relieve stress :)

Update: Now she is throwing up and has a rash on her face!! Poor kiddo!!! Just ran to the store to get gatorade, sprite, popcicles and soup :(

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

so sorry nat is down for the count. glad she liked her horsey stuff. hope she gets better soon and i hope we can still sneak out for walks.
xoxo
si

Laura Nicholas said...

oh poor Nat - I hope she is feeling better soon. Sounds like the trivia thing is right up her alley.

We have been healthy so far - fingers crossed - for that flu.

Have fun with the paintball, Jim!

Laura