Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reno Rocks!

I survived the flight...even without a drink to get the courage to get on the plane ;) LOL It was bumpy out of Portland, but not so bad after that.

It was so awesome to see Shauna. I had missed her soooo much!! We headed to Wild Oats to get juices and lunch, then to the clinic so she could be infused. I was in a comfy chair next to her, and read lots of magazines and visited.

The condo where Shauna has been staying is just the best set up for her. Nice and quiet, and so cool to have a little kitchen. It was so fun making dinner together. We were a good team.

Before dinner, we took a walk along the Truckee River. The weather is great... cold but sunny. The mountains surrounding Reno are covered in snow... so pretty. Shauna took some great pics of us, so check out her blog to see them. We found a really cool tea bar, and stopped by for some organic teas. It was a really awesome place, and we can't wait to go back.

Of course, the trip is not without drama though. Memo decided to get colic symptoms today. Jim and Natalie ended up heading to the barn after work. The vet came out to check her out, and luckily she is doing okay now. No more trips to the OSU vet hospital, I hope. Poor Memo. Poor Nat too... she has a ton of homework due tomorrow! I bet she will have a late night.

So happy to be here with Shauna. Means the world to me...

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

glad you're here too. sorry "Million Dollar Baby" was so depressing. didn't expect that unhappy ending...it's going to haunt me!
looking forward to spending the day together tomorrow.
xoxo
si

Laura Nicholas said...

so sorry to hear about Memo. I hope she is better soon.

you girls try to stay out of trouble there!
Laura

My name is Shanna said...

Love those pics of you and your best bud! LOVE that hat too! Did you find the hat you were looking for?

I hope Memo is all good now and that there is no further drama while you are away. Just soak up the girlfriend vibes in the condo... I left quite a few of them for ya! lol Sorry I missed seeing you, but so glad that Team Immel had the run of the place without me there.

Love and hugs,
Shanna