Monday, February 18, 2008

Lazy Day Monday

I love holidays off from school and work.... I accomplished almost nothing and even took a nap! But I did make this...





It is called No-Knead Bread. I've been reading all about it for such a long time and just needed the time (and the cool red Dutch oven!) to make it.

I started it last night and let it rise overnight. Jim gave me the Le Creuset French Oven for Valentine's Day (what a guy!) so I gave it a shot.

I was convinced that I would goof it up, but it was pretty darn fail proof! The crust was nice and crispy and the inside was tender and soft. Best bread I have ever made.... not that I have made bread very much. I was very pleased :) Next time I will try it with half whole wheat flour so it is a bit healthier. I just love the idea of making my own bread so we are not eating all the added preservatives and nasty ingredients in store-bought bread.

And then I made cookies... sheesh. I just couldn't help myself.  Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Oh are they yummy....

Thank goodness we are back on a normal schedule tomorrow... gotta stop the madness ;)



1 comment:

Laura Nicholas said...

oh that bread looks yummy! I love the smell of home made bread. I just never have the time to make it. I love those days at home - perfect day for baking, and taking naps. I even got one of those today. I took a two hour nap this afternoon! Was wonderful!...

Back to reality tomorrow.
Laura