Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Brand New Day...

Nat is feeling soooo much better!! Still has a nasty cough but she is back to her old, chipper self again. So far Jim and I are staying healthy... knock on wood.

Somehow, she survived the Quiz Rally yesterday. She must have been running on adrenaline! This year she was on a Senior team and it was much tougher! She said her team was in third place at lunch time, but they ended up having a tough time in the afternoon and placed seventh overall in their division. All in all, they had a great time! Congrats CMPC gals!

I surprised her with homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner when she got home. She finally felt well enough to eat something substantial so that was just what she needed.

Jim had a great time playing paintball... boy was he stiff and sore though! We compared welts when he got home but I won... I got allergy shots yesterday and my "pollen" arm was bright red and massively swollen. He did get a few doozies though! He took a blue paintball right through his face mask... this picture cracked me up.





Nat and Jim are heading to the barn after lunch... Nat misses Memo so much! The sun is out so it looks like they will get to ride outside today... what a treat!

I'm making the No-Knead Bread again today. I will also head upstairs to the (s)crap room... what a disaster area. Seems to be the room where everything gets left in... I could barely walk in there yesterday when I started cleaning it up. Yuck.

I have started working on a school album for Natalie... I can't believe how unorganized I have been about keeping stuff together. I'm definitely wishing I would have started this project before she was in 7th grade ;) I don't throw stuff away so it has to be somewhere... who knows where though! I was able to order a bunch of digital prints from years past... looks like we started shooting in digital when she was in 2nd grade.

Off I go... better get out of my jammies sometime today!! I sure do love lazy mornings though :)

2 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

Jim looks so serious in that picture..... Sounds like he had a good time though.

Glad to hear Nat is feeling better.

I had the urge to make bread today too - but it passed... Vacuuming took it's place. I am not ready for this appraisal tomorrow and they haven't confirmed. maybe I can put it off til wednesday...

Stay healthy!
Laura

Team Immel said...

how'd the bread turn out?

love the photo of jim on paintball patrol.

thanks for walking today.

glad nat is feeling better and your welts are down.

xoxo
si