Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today, I am grateful for...

  • the sun in between hail/rain storms
  • that Teri's daughter Elise got into the International magnet school
  • that I was able to give Teri a hug on her first day back to school
  • that my daughter stayed on her horse over big jumps during her lesson
  • that there is still some of the Brown Sugar Pound Cake that I made leftover from yesterday
  • that my gray hair is temporarily gone
  • my trip to Borders where I got two new books, a stack of cool Mother's Day cards for my loved ones, and an iced caramel coffee
  • reading the wisdom of Randy Pausch in his new book "The Last Lecture"
The little things really matter.

3 comments:

My name is Shanna said...

Yeah!! I am all caught up on Dukesville. lol Thanks for the email. I have been incommunicado for the most part, buried in tough times and in an audit for work. It has been a horribly stressful and sleep deprived time that I am just now seeing a little relief from. Hopefully I will be even better after I turn over all of the required docs to the auditor in mid-May.

Meanwhile, know that I think of you often too, and am sending you huge hugs!!! Hugs to Nat girl too.

Shanna

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I just watched Randy Pausch's last lecture last night on YouTube. I'm sure the book will be great. Dina

Team Immel said...

i'm grateful for your friendship! and for you walking with me!!!!

i started the last lecture book tonight and wow, too many things for me to relate to in there! it's going to be a tear jerker for me! but what great messages.

btw. my mom said she'd drive the kids tomorrow and dave's going to pick them up, so i think i'm going to stay home all day!!!

xoxox
shauna

xoxo
shauna