Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This Week's Easy Meal Idea

Philly Steak Sandwiches

Cut up some steak really thin and cook in a frying pan until just brown.  Remove from pan and keep warm.  Throw a package of sliced fresh mushrooms, some chopped onion and chopped green pepper in the pan and cook for a few minutes.  Add the meat back to the pan and add some mozzarella or pepper jack cheese to the top to melt.  Serve on toasted sandwich rolls.  Tip: you can buy bags of frozen onion and frozen green peppers to make life easier. Natalie likes this French Dip style with au jus to dip her sandwich. Try using a can of French Onion soup for the au jus.

This would be good served with a salad of some kind... green, fruit, pasta... whatever sounds good. You could also use chicken instead of steak.


Trying to get back in my routine since coming home. So much to catch up on... laundry is just no fun :(

I walked this morning... I kept feeling the urge to run! So I did!! I ended up doing some intervals. I was going up a huge hill too!! I liked running downhill much better. If I'm going to keep this up, I'm going to have to get some better shoes. I could really feel my ankles and knees... they were NOT happy ;) Missed my walking buddy though... hope you feel better soon, Shauna!!

Starting to see some orders come in again... so relieved!! That was a long stretch since the holidays! My last one was from 5th Ave. in NYC! Kinda cool. My national ad hit so I'm hoping for a spurt in orders... pretty please!!! I have horse shows coming up to pay for ;)


4 comments:

Team Immel said...

wow. look at you go. i'm so proud of you! i'm so sorry i didn't walk with you this am, but sounds like you needed need me! that's awesome to see! did you do the powerlines? it's a good thing i cancelled on you, i woke up all nauseaous and didn't get out of bed until noon. dave's picking up the kids too. so i'm laying low today.

so proud of you. you go girl. laundry can wait. it'll always be there...

xoxox
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

oh yummy recipe - will have to try that one! You motivate me to COOK....

Good for you with the walking/running. I am trying to walk around the field or school as Jake practices lacrosse now. Hey, have to be there for that amount of time, might as well make best use of my time.

We need to meet for tea one of these days!

Jean said...

good for you on the walk/run! I hear tha happens to people..they get the urge to run. I'm waiting for the "urge to exercise" kicks in for me!!!LOL
Thanks again for the recipes! I love them!!!
Have a great day and glad business is picking up!
Jean

My name is Shanna said...

Yippee on the order!! Keep 'em coming! :o)

Okay, so what kind of steak to buy and what oil do you fry in? I am such a novice that I have to ask these simple questions. Honestly, this is the kind of thing that helps me ruin a meal... get the wrong steak and you could have Philly Leather Sandwiches! lol

Shanna