Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm Home

What a great weekend! I drove up to Sam's house on Friday afternoon, leaving Nat at the barn to deal with Memo and the horsey dentist. I made pretty good time... I seemed to miss most of the yucky Friday traffic.

Sam and I went to part of Parker's baseball game. He is a phenomenal catcher, and an amazing hitter! I was so impressed. Just like old times watching baseball... lots of memories of Drew's ball-playing days.

We all went out for Mexican food and MARGARITAS! MMM! Much needed and enjoyed. Sam and I had our usual gab-fest in her hot tub under the stars. It was a gorgeous night! What a relaxing and fun day/night.

On Saturday we headed up to Silverdale for a scrapbooking retreat. It was held at a really great hotel right on the water. Not only did we scrapbook like crazy, we took time for a walk along the waterfront and had a glass of wine by the bonfire at night. Just what I needed!

I ended up completing Natalie's entire elementary school album! 27 pages!! I also did a surprise album for someone... 25 - 8x8 pages! I was jammin'. I haven't scrapped like that in ages!! I had spent a lot of time organizing everything and it really paid off.

The sad part... my sister was supposed to drive up on Saturday morning with her friend Stacey. Heidi ended up getting so sick! They missed out on all of the fun. Hope you feel better soon, Heidi.

Decided to head home before the rain got worse, and before dark. So glad to be home safe and sound, and to see my family.

A huge thanks to Sam. I had a GREAT weekend!!! Love ya, Sam!!



2 comments:

Team Immel said...

great photos! wow, i'm so jelly of your weekend! sounds amazing! much needed girl time!!! so glad you are home safe and sound though. i missed you!! hope you gave sam a big fat hug for me!!!
xoxox
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

oh sounds like a great weekend! Congrats on getting so many pages done - wow... Preplanning definitely is the key. I just end up working on the pages as I plan them out... lol Welcome back home. Is Nat off school today? My boys are - another 4 day weekend... But back to the craziness this afternoon with lacrosse and scouts.... So glad you had a nice weekend break away!

laura