Monday, April 21, 2008

Mellow Monday... I hope

We had a nice, quiet weekend. I needed that.

Nat had pony club on Friday. Jim got some fabulous pics. Check 'em out here. It sure was cold, but everyone had a good time. It felt so good to sit and laugh with my friends.

Jim had barn duty on Saturday, and took Nat up for a make up lesson. Janice is going to the Rolex 3-Day Event in Kentucky!! Lucky girl! But back to Saturday... it was snowing at the barn!!! Unreal! I ended up hiding out at home, making tortilla soup and Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler! That cobbler recipe is definitely a keeper!! 

Sunday I got a wild hair to scrub the base boards in my kitchen. WTH was I thinking? I'm so sore today!! I also scrubbed the floors and got most of the cupboard doors wiped off (not a fan of my white cupboards). Now to tackle cleaning out the pantry and fridge... yuck.

Today I have to get allergy shots, get groceries, and take Nat to the dentist after school. Exciting stuff ;)

Here's to a mellow Monday and week ahead. Hugs to you all.

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

i vote for mellow too.

hey, you crazy psycho woman! slow down, you're making the rest of us look bad!!!! lol

enjoyed both the tortilla soup and the blackberry cobbler. thanks for sharing.

love ya.
xoxo
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

oh that cobbler sounds too yummy! My family loves it when you post what you are cooking. Motivates me to get away from my usuals. I made the philly cheesesteak sandwiches last week and was a big hit. Now may need to make tortilla soup and blackberry cobbler!!!!

I agree with Shauna - better slow down there girl. I am not too worried though - you aren't inspiring me to clean my baseboards! lol

Laura