Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In the Crockpot...

Greek Chicken Pitas

Throw in the crockpot:

frozen chicken tenders (I get the big bags at Trader Joe's or Costco)
a little bit of water or chicken broth (1/2 c.?)
a squeeze of lemon juice
sprinkle w/lemon pepper and oregano

Cook until done (cooks pretty fast for me... even on low). Drain off any liquid. Shred with two forks.

Serve in pita or flat bread with hummus (I like the spicy kind), sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and feta cheese. Sometimes I also make a sauce out of nonfat plain yogurt and diced cukes too (tzatziki sauce).

I usually make rice and a Greek salad to go with it. For the salad, I cut up a tomato, a cuke, a bell pepper and some green onions. Add about a tablespoon each of lemon juice and olive oil and toss. Add kalamata olives and feta to the top. I especially like the tomato/basil feta... adds more flavor.

This is just an easy weeknight meal... nothing fancy. Pretty tasty and healthy though.



2 comments:

Jean said...

This sounds yummy!! I made the chimichangas Monday night. They were so good! And easy too. love that! Keep these coming!!
Hope you are having a great week. I'm with you on the hair issue. I cant decide what to do with mine. I have bangs, but side swept is in now so I'm trying do to that..it just isnt working!!!
Jean

Team Immel said...

can't wait to see your hair and walk with you this am!

you need to open up paris' restaurant so i can come over and eat at your house! lol yum!

thanks for sharing.
xoxo
si