Monday, March 31, 2008

Easy Recipe for the Week

I have a new goal... I want to share an easy weeknight recipe with you each week.  Wanna play??

Easy Baked Chimichangas

4 burrito size tortillas
1 lb. ground beef (love the organic gr. beef from Costco!)
1 can refried beans (I love the nonfat zesty salsa kind or some other kind w/spices added; if you don't add the spicy kind, you might want to add 1/2 a package of taco seasoning or a can of mild diced green chilies.)
shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray sheet pan with cooking spray. 

Brown the ground beef and drain off any grease. Stir in beans (and taco seasoning or chilies if you are using those). Divide ground beef/bean mixture into fourths. Add to the middle of each tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheese. Fold in the top and bottom of the tortillas, then the sides. Flip over so the seam is at the bottom on the pan. Spray the tops of the tortillas with additional cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Top with additional cheese, sour cream, salsa, tomatoes and avocado.

I made these on Saturday night. I served them with Spanish rice and watermelon slices.

Let me know what you think!!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Love this idea, Paris!! I'll take any recipes I can get from you!
These sound yummy! I'll make them 1 night this week!!!
Thanks a million!
Jean

Team Immel said...

oooh those sound so good! thanks for sharing!

you rock!
oxoxo
si

Laura Nicholas said...

always love your recipes! keep them coming. You inspire me to really cook...

Laura