Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break and the Livin' is Easy

Well, I wish it was "Summertime" instead of Spring Break but we will take it. So far our sleeping in has been foiled by early morning phone calls. I'm pretty sure I was kind of awake when they called ;)

Yesterday we had quite the exciting day... we cleaned out Natalie's closet ;) We took two big bags of clothes to the resale shop. Yes, Nat is finally growing again. Praying that she catches up with her big feet!! We discovered that we already had a $38 credit at the store so Nat went shopping. Lots of cool stuff and we got out of there for $1.95. That is my kind of shopping spree. I feel all "green" when we do resale/consignment shopping too... reuse, recycle kind of thing. I've been doing quite a bit of shopping for myself at the Assistance League of Portland consignment shop over by Nat's school.... all brand name/designer stuff for so cheap! Love it.

After our little shopping excursion, we got Starbucks and headed to the barn. Memo was her happy, perky self. Nat had a lesson with Janice. Janice is having a braiding clinic on Saturday that Natalie and I will both attend. Thank God for allergy shots. 

Today we have some errands to run, and then we will probably head down to Salem to watch a horse show. Nat's friend Taylor is riding her horse Angel at the Spring Break show. Hate to think about the Friday/beginning of Spring Break traffic that we might encounter though... maybe we should just hide out at home ;)

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

score on the new clothes and credit at the consignment shop! you go girls!

sounds like a nice day to me.

i just got up at noon! eeeeeeeeek. dead to the world i was.

now to eat and figure out where i am and what i have to do! lol

enjoy!
xoxo
shauna

Jean said...

How fun on your shopping adventure!! My kids had yesterday off too, but its back to school on Monday. Their spring break isnt until 4/21!!
Hope you enjoyed your day!