Tuesday, March 4, 2008

9,198 Steps

Have you heard all the hubbub about 10,000 steps? Everyone should strive to walk at least 10,000 steps each day for a healthy lifestyle. That ends up being about 5 miles.

Right now it is 12:20PM and I'm at 9,198 steps! I should make it to 10,000 today and I am jazzed. Yesterday I hit right around 8,000 so I have topped that.

Shauna gave me a pedometer! I love it! Thanks, Shauna! And a big thanks to Jim for getting it set up for me... I see a page of technical directions and my eyes just glaze over.

Can't wait to start seeing the results of all this healthy walking and eating (well, kind of healthy eating). Right now it just makes me really tired in the evenings. The minute I sit on the sofa I'm out like a light. I was sound asleep in bed at 10:00PM last night! Sheesh! I get really, really hungry too... especially right after our big walk. I've been trying so hard to eat healthy things... I usually make a smoothie with non-fat yogurt, banana and berries or make a chai with the "slightly sweetened" concentrate and non-fat milk. Sometimes I have a small handful of nuts and dried fruit. It is so hard to be good! I'd rather have a scone and a mocha!! Oh well! It will all be worth it when my jeans are baggy on me!! Bring it on!

UPDATE: 12,549 steps at 4:26PM ;)

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

wow, that's amazing! so proud of you! you go girl!!!

i took my pedometer back today twice! the first time they told me i needed a receipt, so had to go home and get it! now i've got it set and ready to go and i will use it tomorrow! can we meet at 830? i need to get going early for the support group.

i can't walk thursday! i forgot i have kaelin's music and poetry sharing at 830, trainer at 10am, lunch with the orange oyster moms (ellen, helen, yayoi and carolyn) at 1130, and meeting with my student at 2pm.

i think i can still walk friday before my ct scan.

looking forward to our 8,000 step walk up hills in the am!

way to go girlfriend~!

xoxo
si

My name is Shanna said...

Wooo hooo!!! You are a walking fool! I am really excited for you. I have never considered counting my steps. I am always talking too much to keep track.

Delighted to read that Nat is better and that she was reunited with Memo. Happy bday to Jim too! What a great week of celebrations. I am glad there is sunshine among the clouds. Bring on the rays, eh?

Hugs and luv to you, my friend.
Shanna