Sunday, March 30, 2008

Last Day of Spring (Winter?) Break

We had snow the last four mornings here!! The first day it was a novelty... but now it is just a pain in the neck! 

We are in mourning here... it is the last day of break. It has been so nice to not have a schedule. I know that Natalie will really miss sleeping in. There is nothing fun about those early mornings. Luckily, Nat loves her school and friends. I know she will be just fine getting back in her routine.

Jim took half a day off on Friday. We did some shopping for shoes, went out for lunch, and then went to the Baghdad Theater in SE Portland. What a cool place! They had a matinee of the last National Treasure movie... we had never seen that. So cool that you can watch a movie and drink a microbrew!


Yesterday was a fun day... check out Shauna's blog for all the details. While us girls were out playing, Jim and Nat went to the archery place with friends to do some target practice and then they went to the barn. Last night we watched I am Legend.... kind of disturbing for me.

Today is a working day around the house to catch up on all the stuff we didn't do this week, and all the stuff we need to get ready for the coming week. Nat has a group of school friends coming over to work on a big project that is due soon. They have to do a 20 minute play in English... script, set, performance, etc. They have worked so hard on it... I'm sure it will be a smashing success.

Back to reality. Stay tuned for details of Natalie's horse show next weekend!! 


3 comments:

Jean said...

what a bummer that its back to school tommorrow! We havent had spring break yet! I cant waith though. I dont do mornings at all!!
Good luck to Nat w/her project. I'm sure it will be great! have a good day!
jean

My name is Shanna said...

Hugs to you, my friend. I am glad you have enjoyed your break. Let's try and catch up soon!

xoxo, Shanna

Team Immel said...

i'm bummed spring break is over too. i sure had fun playing with you a lot! tomorrow is going to come way too soon. can't wait to walk!
xoxox
shauna