Friday, March 7, 2008

Prayers Needed

I just heard some very bad news. As I sat down to have coffee with my dear friend Robanne, she told me that she had just received a very sad phone call on her drive to the coffee shop. Our friend, Tami, was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. She just suffered some kind of seizure and was rushed to the hospital and is now in ICU.

Tami's oldest daughter, Emily, was Natalie's best friend in Kindergarten. Emily and Natalie were inseparable... the cutest little blondies that you ever did see. We shared so many fun times with Emily's family... times that we think of often and will always cherish.

Both of our families moved into new homes, and therefore different schools. We have exchanged Christmas cards ever since, but found that life and some distance really got in the way. I haven't seen Tami in way too long. I think of her so often though... she is just the greatest mom. She loves her girls and they adore her. They are such an amazing, close-knit family. I'm so honored to know her and call her my friend.

Please, please keep Tami and her family in your prayers. She just has to pull through this.

I really, really despise cancer. I hate it with every fiber of my being. Why does this happen to such beautiful and loving mothers who need to raise their children? It is so unfair.

Please join me in my prayers for Tami and the Ellis family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent you an e-mail. So worried about Tami! Dina

Team Immel said...

my prayers are with you and them in this time of need.

i hate cancer with every fiber of my being too. it just robs people and families of so much. it isn't fair. or right. or earned. or deserved. or anything. it just sucks. plain and simple.

i'm here if you need me for anything.

xoxo
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

oh paris - I am so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping Tami and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

It is so very true that this cancer stuff just sucks... I can't believe that it hits so many people that are good.

Just sucks
Laura