Friday, March 14, 2008

tgif

Nat is off of school today. Love that. She is still snoozing. We stayed up kinda late (for a school night at least) snuggling and watching "No Reservations". Just what mom needed... although parts of the movie really choked me up under the circumstances right now.

We have Pony Club tonight. Nat has lots of tack to clean before then. Our instructor tonight is a stickler for shiny, clean tack and boots (and horses!). Thank goodness Memo had spa day last weekend... although it did not take her long to roll and get all dirty again. Silly girl. Keep your fingers crossed that she will behave tonight. She tends to leave her horsey brain at the barn when we travel somewhere else.... she is such the chestnut mare.

Tomorrow is Tami's funeral. Natalie is trying to decide whether she should go or not. She has never been to a funeral. It will be her decision. No matter what, it will be a tough day. I'm told that there has been an outpouring of support for the Ellis family... I am so grateful.

Shauna is back to chemo on Monday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I will miss my walking buddy next week as she recuperates :( Anyone want to walk w/me???

I'm still in my jammies drinking tea... life is good. I needed a day like today sooo much. Have a good weekend everyone. xoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Team Immel said...

Glad you're getting a day at home with Nat. Your night sounds perfect! Nothing like a good snuggle and good movie. Good luck with Memo tonight and the funeral tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you. I"m sorry i'm leaving you high and dry next week. Maybe I'll be ok to walk still? Depends on what chemo. If it's the 2nd one I had, I think I start feeling bad on Thursday. I could maybe walk Tues and WEd? I'm hoping some good movies are released today! Maybe K and I will go see one.

love ya.
xoxo
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

Paris - just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you today. It has got to a hard one for you.

Hugs to you my friend.
Laura

My name is Shanna said...

We are back home and I have been holding you in my heart all week. I am hoping that today was okay whether you went to the funeral or not. I know it was not easy. Big hugs to you. Take care of yourself and get rest. You need it and deserve it. BTW, I would walk with you in a heartbeat! Wish I were closer.

Love Memo's "look" from her spa day. Hope she behaves. lol

Hugs and love,
Shanna