Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Robanne!!




I first met Robanne at Ladd Acres Elementary School... her son Gavin is the same age as Natalie. Gavin and Nat were both lucky enough to be in Mrs. Glumbik's first grade class together. Robanne is a die-hard school volunteer... always has been, always will be. I was so glad to work beside her as a volunteer at the school... I learned so much from her dedication. What a love she has for the kids and teachers.

After we got to know each other better, we realized that we both have horse-crazy daughters! Her daughter, Hayley, is two years older than Nat. Our girls became fast friends, and had the opportunity to ride at the same barn. Robanne and I have shared countless horse adventures together... sitting through freezing cold lessons, "sucking air" when a horse jumps too big, watching our daughters ride crazy horses, seeing our daughters fly off of horses, waiting around at shows, grinning as they win ribbons ... so many memories together.

Since we moved to Beaverton, I don't get to see Robanne as often as I used to. We have a standing coffee date once a month (gotta love Moonstruck Chocolate Chai!!!). Robanne is an incredible mom to her great kids, an inspirational volunteer, and a friend to everyone who knows her. 

I am so grateful for your friendship, Robanne! Love you to pieces! Happiest of Birthdays to you!! So glad that I could give you a birthday hug today :) xoxoxo Paris


4 comments:

Team Immel said...

Happy Birthday Robanne!
I'm so glad Paris has a great friend like you!
xoxox
Shauna

My name is Shanna said...

I am so glad that you have had a nice week with your girl! You really needed it. Wish you could have had more "sleep ins". Isn't it great to just laze in bed in the morning? My boy is off this coming week, but I have to work and exercise, so it won't be very lazy. I am hoping to find a few things to do with him. He is growing up (13) but still wants to hang with mom, so gotta take advantage!

Big hugs to you, my dear. I hope you and your family have a delightful Easter together!

Much love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

Wow Paris, Boy do I feel loved! I am not sure I know who this "Robanne" is of which you speak, but I'd like to meet her- Thanks for the wonderful praise. You're the best.

Robanne

Laura Nicholas said...

Happy Easter, Paris! I hope you have a nice day with the fam. Thank you for the sweet offer. Not sure what we will need or when the time will be yet. You are just the best - always wanting to take care of everyone. I sometime wonder how I ended up with such wonderful people that I can call my friends.

Have a great spring break! I am hoping we get at least two sleep ins!

laura