Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Early Birthday, Shauna!


I wanted to make sure that you saw this post before you leave for Reno on your birthday. Lucky me, that I get to drive you and Dave to the airport on your birthday so I can give you a big hug before you leave.

Thank you for being my friend. I can't even begin to tell you how much your friendship means to me. You have the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met. To know you is to love you. I would give anything to have your way with words... to write the kind of post you deserve. 

Thanks for all of the wonderful times we have shared together... I will never forget meeting you at the first scrapbook class that I ever taught. Me teaching the master scrapper...OMG was I intimidated!! But then I quickly realized what a special person you are and that I was lucky to meet one of my best friends. 

We have shared lots of amazing times through the years... the scrapbook retreat at the coast (and Hefeweizens at Moe's!); many metroscrapper and other crops; scrapping at Teri's cabin in Black Butte; picking berries, playing in the park, and eating ice cream with our then little pre-schooler children; watching our kiddos at farm camp (remember those adorable little kitties and fuzzy cows??); CKU in Provo (the best part was meeting Nic at the airport with those sponges spelling her name!); carpooling and so many fun days at work with desks next to each other (was that really work??); "The Artist's Way" classes and artist dates; TCC get-togethers (thank you for introducing me to such a wonderful group of women); kiddo's birthday parties (and ours!!); Art & Soul; Harry Potter midnight book parties!!; scrapbook conventions and road trips to scrapbook stores; countless cups of coffee (fraps!!) and good conversations; hanging out at Red Robin and going to movies; thousands of phone calls when we laughed and cried (sometimes we laugh to keep from crying!); zillions of emails back and forth (God was it hard being out of the country during your surgery, diagnosis and recovery!); and the list goes on and on and will continue to go on and on. I wouldn't miss a minute. Hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane ;)

We will create new memories in Reno too. I can't wait! I have so much hope for 2008. I just know that it will be a year of miracles for you. You deserve the best year yet, my friend, and I will be there every step of the way. Happy Birthday, Shauna. Love you.

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh what a special post!! you have a way with words yourself, and such a great memory! i'm glad i stopped to check your blog! you warmed my heart! thank you!

i'm running around like a crazy person, it's 1021pm and i haven't even started packing. eeeeeeeeeek. freaking out here!!!!! got my scrapbook garage sale stuff ready though. wished i had time to get more ready! hope it sells so you don't have to drag it back home! lol thank you for taking care of that stuff for me! you are the best. and thank you for giving me a ride to the airport and coming to bring me home from reno. you rock.

can't wait for my hug.
love ya.
xoxo
shauna