Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cropped 'til I dropped!

In a rather impulsive move, Shauna and I signed up for a crop at Life's a Scrapbook in Sherwood. We had stopped by the store to sign up for their Garage Sale to get rid of a lot of our old scrappin' stuff and saw that there was a crop. I signed up Natalie too, and our friend Kimberly decided to join us.

Natalie and I were at the store by 10:30AM. It was so nice to spend time with her. Kimberly came about noon. Jim had to work for the morning, and came by about 1:30 and took us all to lunch. Jim and Kimberly talked photography. They both have such a great eye for that. 

Nat and Jim headed to the barn after that. Kim and I went back to the crop, and Shauna came shortly after that. She had a memorial service to attend for one of her support group members. 

We all got right to work. I worked on Nat's horse album and completed 16 pages! Go me! Kim did some beautiful Christmas layouts. Shauna got started on her Disney pics. It was just like old times hanging out with my friends... lots of laughter and good conversation. Laura stopped by too so it was nice to see her smiling face.

The funny thing is that I felt like the old lady there... when I was really, really into scrapping it was when Nat was a toddler. Most of the ladies there were pregnant or had small children. It really brought back lots of memories. I just loved being there with my 13-year old daughter though... that was cool. I hope I can do it again soon with her and my buddies.

2 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

WOW! 16 pages, that is awesome.... It was so great to visit with you for awhile last night. It seems so long ago when we scrapped for ourselves and it was so much fun. I hope to join you next time and have a scrappin' playdate!

Congrats on so many pages done.
Laura

Team Immel said...

it was fun! it's like we almost forgot how to have fun!

you forgot to mention the massage!!!!

let's make regular scrap play dates so we can get back to having fun and scrappin' for ourselves!!

you get the prize for the night for most pages done! i got 3 total spreads done in about 7 hours and one of those spreads was a complete scraplift! one thing hasn't changed...my scrappin' speed! lol

thanks for the fun ladies!

xoxo
shauna