Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back to Work

After the holiday rush, I took quite a long break from work. By the way, I am sooo grateful that I had a holiday rush!!  November and December sales really gave me hope that my business will take off. One of the things that really surprised me was the amount of bulk orders! Many of my orders ranged from 15 to 27 brushes!! I honestly did not plan on that! Thank goodness my supplier was able to get brushes to me fairly quickly.

I just donated a set of three brushes to the Oregon Hunter Jumper Assoc. awards banquet silent auction. Luckily, I heard that the brushes were a hit. The bid sheet was full, and they ended up going for their actual value. In addition, about half of the business cards I gave them were taken. Stuff like this gives me a lot of hope too.

Have to say that I love designing the brushes and making them, but the bookkeeping part is NOT my thing. I spent yesterday getting my receipts and invoices organized. I tried to figure out Quick Books but that did NOT happen. Guess I will be hitting the bookstore soon to get a manual. So frustrating that I cannot figure it out.

Today is inventory. Doesn't that sound exciting ;)

Just made myself a peppermint mocha and will hit it hard now. Keep your fingers crossed that 2008 will be a good year for Dukes Equestrian Designs :) I have horse that is counting on it.

3 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

Hey - that is great your biz is taking off! Congrats to you!

Good luck with inventory... we just did that at Boxer.
Laura

Team Immel said...

2008 in numerology works out to mean good luck, and it's the year of the mouse, which is also good luck! so 2008 is gonna rock!!!!

xoxox
shauna

ali said...

Sounds like your business is going to be booming in '08!!! Wishing you much success!!!!