Thursday, October 16, 2008

On the Menu

Here was/is my menu for the week:

Monday:
Burgers
Mac & Cheese
apples/pears

Tuesday:
Chicken Pitas
Greek Salad
Hummus

Wednesday:
Asian Noodle Soup
Spring Rolls

Thursday:
Homemade pizza
salad

Friday:
Tortilla soup
quesadillas
watermelon

Will wing it for the weekend. Loving the cooler weather so I can work soups into my menu plans. I could live on soup!

I did my grocery shopping at Winco (one of those bag your own kind of places) this week. So much cheaper than my usual Haggen (spoiled rotten yuppie suburban store). Still not so crazy about some of their meat and produce so I think I will still hit Costco and Haggen for those. BUMMED that I will not have my CSA box anymore. Totally pouting about that. I'm really on a mission to cut my grocery costs. I am pretty good about making things from scratch but I can do better. Wish me luck! I'm such a food snob!

Lots going on this weekend, of course. Friday night is a dance at school. Nat is bringing her horsey friend Sarah (not a boy, hurray!!) along so she can meet all of her school friends and see ACMA. Saturday I am going to Eugene for a regional Pony Club meeting with my friend Lori. Sunday is a PC unmounted meeting about cleaning tack the right way. Nat is helping to teach. We also want to sneak out and take some fall pics. That has turned into an annual tradition and the trees are so pretty right now. Unfortunately, I do not have my new glasses yet! I really wanted those to cover up the dark circles under my eyes ;) Oh well.

Speaking of glasses, I'm getting stronger reading glasses. I'm also getting distance glasses! My eyes are definitely getting worse, but she said they were not bad for a 41 year old. What is that supposed to mean?! Feeling so old these days! Ugh!

Off to do some work and clean my house!! Got a request for a catalog from Georgia yesterday. Kinda cool.

See ya!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

so great to hang out at borders books with you and sip our fav javakulas, talk and catch up! have a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your asian chicken noodle soup last night! jacie has set me up for tonight with homemade pasta sauce! you girls take such good care of us!! thank you! love you with all my heart!
xoxo
si

Jean said...

ooohh, your menu sounds so good! I may need the asian soup recipe!
I love this time of year too, but I'm sooo not a cook! Sorry your produce delivery ran out.Bummer! Have a good weekend!
hugs
jean