Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Deja Vu

I'm sitting in the waiting room at the VW dealership. Wait a minute... wasn't I just here? Why, yes, I was. And I wrote them a darn big check too. Ugh.

Hopefully this will be an easy fix though. I have a headlight out. Jim tried to replace the bulb this weekend, but that was not the solution. Nothing is ever easy. Ever.

At least I have a comfy chair and free wifi. Whew. And it is postponing my trip to the allergist to get shots. That is a positive.

Our weekend was pony club mania. I survived the meeting in Eugene... but just barely. Had another meeting on Sunday but that went really well. It ran long though, so no time for our fall pics. Maybe next weekend... if the weather cooperates.

This morning is cold and foggy. I'd much rather be home with a hot cup of tea.

We are off to the barn after school for another lesson. Memo was in a MOOD yesterday! Haven't seen her like that for a long time. She was a PAIN and kept trying to rear up. Scares the crap out of me when she does that. Hopefully today will be better. Elise ended up getting on her to give her an attitude adjustment. It took awhile, but she finally started to cooperate. I wonder if the cold, windy, rainy weather put her in a mood? Hmmm. 

Nat has a short week of school... off on Thursday and Friday for conferences. I cannot wait to have some down time, and I'm sure she is looking forward to that as well. We have been going way too hard lately.

Tomorrow I am going to have lunch with Jim at Intel. We are meeting with the benefits folks about our health insurance, etc. Time for open enrollment and we want to check our options and double check some stuff. 

Yesterday I had lunch with my friend, Kimberly, at the cafe at the Oregon College of Arts & Crafts. Such a good place to eat... everything is homemade and yummy! So good to get caught up with Kim... it had been way too long. She always makes me laugh :)

Guess I will take advantage of my waiting room time and surf the net! Have to admit it is nice to have time to kill. That doesn't happen very often.

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

thanks for playing with me today and for keeping me distracted from my crappy cancer life! i had a blast drinking my favorite coffee and shopping for $2.50 Lucky brand jeans at the 2nd hand store!!! :) i love down time with waiting rooms. you think i'd be sick of it by now, but i love to read the hollywood gossip mags!! ;)

love ya!
enjoy your days off!
xoxo
si

My name is Shanna said...

I LOVED getting caught up on the Dukes!!! You have been a busy gal and poor Nat being sick... bummer! I hope your car is a quick and cheap fix.

I love reading your love of fall in Oregon. I just live vicariously through you. Great to see the pics of all of us and your time spent with Sam and Shauna. You deserve the break and fun times.

Miss you and wish we were closer. I would love to take you for a spinach burger at this new place I just found. LOVE it! We could sit and try to create a recipe for home. lol

Hugs, girl.
Shanna