Sunday, August 31, 2008

Clean Sweep Sunday

Today I am hoping to get the motivation and energy to start a "clean sweep" of every room in the house. I've been feeling so overwhelmed about the house lately, that I just don't do any of it! Just the bare minimum to get by.

As of today, I need to just snap out of it! I need to "get 'er done". Wish me luck!

We had a great time at the barbeque last night. Great conversation, good wine and yummy food. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends.

Nat and Jim are off to the barn to ride Memo. It is pretty chilly here this morning... feels like fall! In the 50's for heaven's sake. I'm glad to have a break from the barn until Tuesday.

Last night I made this cobbler to take to the potluck. It was a hit. And talk about an easy recipe!! Love recipes like this! I believe I posted the link to a different cobbler... which I actually prefer... but this one is much easier and travels to potlucks a lot easier. I used local marionberries in it. Yum.

Off to start my clean sweep... wish me luck ;)

3 comments:

Jean said...

Good luck with the Clean sweep today! That cobbler looks so easy even I can make it! THanks for the link. What are marionberries though. Never heard of them!

Laura Nicholas said...

I hope you had a successful clean sweep day. That was something I have wanted to do all summer but have just not had the energy to do.. Maybe the key is to do it when no one is home.

Thanks so much for the link to that yummy looking dessert. Will have to try that soon.

Laura

Team Immel said...

hope you "got er done" today!

i love that pioneer woman website. her step by step photos are so awesome. that looks delicious. yum.

hope to hang out this week.

xoxox
si