Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn


It is finally here! The fourth book in the Twilight series! Haven't seen Nat much since midnight ... her head has been in the book. I will read it when she is done... probably won't take her long ;)

Nat and a bunch of her friends attended the midnight book release at Borders. I ended up meeting Shauna there around 10:30. Luckily, she had found a couple of comfy chairs for us. It was fun to see all the kids dressed up as vampires and characters from the book for the costume contest. Natalie had her "Team Edward" shirt on, and we made a shirt for Shauna that says "Team Jacob". You have to go look at her blog to see what she drew on the back of her shirt. She should have entered the t-shirt contest. Too cool!! Fun night for us all.

Today is brush mania again. Will be a marathon weekend, I'm sure. We were going to go canoeing up at a lake at Mt. Hood tomorrow, but looks like that has been postponed. Nat will head up to the barn to ride Memo, and help with PM feed this afternoon. Most of the Windsong crew is gone to Janice's son's wedding in Corvallis.

Happy Birthday to my father-in-law, Bill. Too bad we cannot be in Las Vegas this weekend to help him celebrate. Hope we can sneak down there this fall to meet our new niece, Grace, and see everyone again.

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Thanks for hanging with me at Borders til after midnight! Suprised at how fast the line went. I was at home by 12:19 i think! fun to see nat and her friends and all of those other twilight crazy girls (and boys!) there. fun people watching.

thanks again for the fun shirt too!!!! did you see the ladies with the shirts that said "someone feed my children, I'm reading Twilight!" lol that is so me right now. i just had to tear myself away from the book to make my daughter lunch...at 230pm!!! shame on me!!! lol

hope you have a productive brush making day!!

xoxoxox
shauna

ali said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that book! Tyson picked it up and finished it in 1 day...sadly, he has the book with him somewhere in the Midwest! I won't get my hands on it until next Monday! LOL!