Friday, August 22, 2008

Nice Evening

After Jim got home from work, we rushed down to my parents' for dinner. My cousin, Michelle, and her husband, Alan, are in town from Austin, TX. It was so great to see them. They had been vacationing out in Bend. Loved hearing their stories of hiking, biking and frisbee golf!

The coolest news is that they are expecting their first child!! Congrats, Michelle and Alan! So thrilled for them. I know they will be fabulous parents :)

Sure was fun to get caught up on their lives. My mom and dad fixed quite the spread for dinner. Homemade peach and blueberry pies for dessert. Awesome!

We are off to the barn this morning for a make-up lesson with Janice. And here is some other GREAT news ... we have NOTHING on the calendar for this weekend!! How incredibly cool is that??!! I'm beyond excited. Lots of sleeping in and goofing off in our future. Jim will go on a motorcycle ride. Nat and I want to hit Old Navy on Saturday for their $12 jeans sale. We needed a quiet weekend so badly!! I cannot wait!!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

happy quiet weekend!!!!!!!!!! I am hoping to have one of those someday.

Laura

Team Immel said...

enjoy your quiet weekend! those are a treasure! just sit back and relax and sleep in and watch the olympics! and order in!!!! oh, but it's relaxing for you to cook, so bake away! miss you.
xoxox
shauna