Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CSA: Week 9

Yesterday we got a kick-butt box: lettuce, bi-color sweet corn, Red Nordland new potatoes, fresh green beans, basil, tomatoes, summer squash, cucumbers, and melon. They also sent along the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. What a treat. My sister had given me a bunch of colorful sunflowers, so this bouquet really fills up the vase. So nice. Makes me smile whenever I look at it.

Did something fairly drastic yesterday... colored my hair back to my "normal" color. It is a lot darker than it has been in years. I'm hoping the grow-out will match so I no longer have to color my hair. Just can't keep up with it anymore. Not sure how I will handle all the gray coming in, but oh well. Too many other places for my money these days (places = horse... LOL).

Today we are off to the barn. Nat was quite ticked to see the pouring rain this morning. Put her in a really bad mood. I was actually glad to see the rain... I will make a big pot of vegetable beef soup and blueberry muffins today. I know, such the nerd.

Tonight I am hoping to go to the cancer support group. It is so hard to get there, but so good for me.

Tomorrow is registration and picture day at school. Hard to believe. Nat is in denial, but we did manage to get her school supplies yesterday. I think the hardest parts for her are the early mornings and not having as much down time. We will survive though ;)

2 comments:

Dina said...

You need to post a picture of your new do! Congrats on all of Natalie's accomplishments!

Team Immel said...

sounds like you scored in the fresh produce dept! soup was the perfect dish for the weather we've been having! hope nat's photos turned out well and that you all are ready to rock for school! love your new do! miss you.
xoxo
shauna