Tuesday, August 12, 2008

CSA: Week 8

This will be in our box today: lettuce, sweet onions, fresh beans, French Horticultural beans, tomatoes, basil, hot peppers, blue potatoes, summer squash, cucumbers, and Trinity sweet corn. Corn, tomatoes, basil, peppers, potatoes... I'm in produce heaven ;)

Maybe I will get some fresh mozzarella to make a caprese salad with the tomatoes and basil. How cool would it be to make BLUE crash potatoes??!! That would turn some heads around here!! Maybe I will try this recipe with the peppers! 

Happy birthday to Elise! The big 21!! Elise is one of Nat's horse trainers, and used to ride Memo before Nat took over the reins. She is such a GREAT person, and an amazing mentor for Natalie. We are so lucky to have her in our lives. I made her a killer cake for her party tonight. Will post pics later.

Went to coffee with Shauna, Teri and Kimberly this morning! Just what I needed!! Love my friends :)

Off to the barn... again ;)

2 comments:

Katie Hacker said...

Oh my goodness, those crash potatoes have my mouth watering. I duly passed the recipe onto my resident chef..

Team Immel said...

those crash potatoes are the best! and how cool would they be in blue???

happy bday to elise. 21 is so exciting!

it was fun seeing all the girls for coffee/tea today. gotta do it more often. everyone looks great and even sounds pretty good considering all we've been thru! just sorry i had to run off so early.

xoxo
shauna