Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wowser!

Last night we awoke to two amazing thunder and lightning storms! That does not happen very often here in Oregon. I felt like I was back in the midwest... but I didn't get up and rush to the basement with fear of an oncoming tornado ;) No basements and no tornadoes in Oregon :)

The house just shook from the thunder, and the lightning was so bright even through the closed blinds. Even Nat, "Miss I Slept Through An Earthquake", woke up!! 

We are all moving pretty darn slow today. Nat is still in bed. I'm needing a second cup of tea or maybe even something stronger. Might have to fire up the espresso machine ;)

Have some last minute stuff to do before having company today. We are off to the barn for a lesson with Janice later on. Nat is on the home stretch with her rating stuff... record book done.... prep guide done.... tall boots polished and sparkly. Tomorrow we will be giving Memo a bath and cleaning and packing up tack and equipment. Thanks to Elise for coming over for dinner and helping Nat finish up studying.

Have to tell you about the cool thing that happened to us yesterday. A nice young lady rang our doorbell. She brought us a loaf of homemade Honey Wheat Bread from a new bakery that opened down the street! Still warm!! Nat and I couldn't resist having a slice with some of our homemade jam. What a great marketing thing to do!! I will definitely be going there. Love that it is just down the street and they use all normal ingredients. No icky additives. Just like I bake when I have the time.

2 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

hey - I wanted to tell you, I have a recipe for rhubarb crunch. It is pretty yummy. It is like a cobbler with an oatmeal type topping. I will email that to you soon.

Laura

Team Immel said...

How cool is that to have fresh bread delivered to your door? You've got fresh produce, and you can set up fresh milk too and now fresh bread! you are set!

Good luck to Nat on her rating. Enjoy your inlaws.

And yes, that T storm was insane! I've never seen anything like it here in Oregon! DAve said one of the lightening strkes was just houses from ours, it was so close!


enjoy your 4th! love to your family!!!!

xoxox
shauna