Sunday, July 20, 2008

Random Blathering

Today, I woke up and made blueberry pancakes and bacon. Can't get enough of the local blueberries lately. I usually use the Snoqualmie Lodge mix. Luckily, we can get it at our local supermarkets. Usually, I doctor it up by adding a little bit of vanilla.

After Jim and Nat left for the barn, I met Shauna and Kaelin for a quick coffee at Borders. They were off to an early showing of the new Batman movie. So fun to visit :) I hit Trader Joe's afterwards. Shauna had given me a new Trader Joe's cookbook, so I needed to get a few things to try some new recipes!! I don't get there as often as during the school year since it is so close to Nat's school.

This afternoon I was a veggie-cleaning-chopping-roasting-machine. I shelled peas, roasted beets, washed leaf lettuce, and chopped a bunch of veggies for tonight's stir-fry dish. Decided that I NEED a salad spinner! Picked up Shauna and went to Linens and Things and found a great one and was able to use a coupon from the newspaper. So nice to have a shopping buddy :) Thanks for riding shotgun, Shauna! I still cannot believe I did not have one of these since I am the kitchen gadget queen ;)

Jim and Nat are off seeing the new Hell Boy movie... quality flick I'm sure ;) I was fine skipping that one. We did go see Wall-E last night... really cute.

This was my first non-horse day that I can remember. It was a much needed break... next week will be back to our crazy barn schedule.

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

Even without the barn - sounds like you had a busy day! But you were doing what you love!

My boys want to see that movie too. How was it?
Laura

Team Immel said...

i'm so glad we could meet and hang out a few times yesterday! it was fun!!

your pancakes sounds divine. my mouth is watering!

so glad you enjoyed the cookbook.

xoxo
shauna