Monday, July 28, 2008

Maybe I won't have to get another job...

Things have been picking up for my business again... whew... what a relief. I've been getting pretty nervous with this economy, thinking that I should get a job again. I have applied for a couple of jobs with the Beaverton School District as I would like to be on the same schedule as Natalie. So far, no bites though. But everything happens for a reason, right?

I'm working on my biggest order yet... over 100 brushes for a big Arabian show in August. Just finalizing all of the details. It is for the local club that Natalie belongs to... Arabians in Motion. I'm so thrilled that they want to use my brushes as their first place awards for their upcoming Sport Horse Classic! We are working out a custom design that will be so nice. It will be a lot of work, but I can't wait to get started.

I've also had to deal with the headaches of a small business this morning. One of my clients from back east was trying to place an order on Friday while the credit card company's server was down. Her account was charged 9 times! Of course, I was mortified. I guess only one of the charges came though on our end, but her bank placed a "hold" on her account for each time she tried to get it to go through (kept getting error messages). I guess the holds will be dropped eventually, but what a hassle when it is almost time for rent to be paid!! She has been a pleasure to work with, and I hope it all works out in her favor.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this big order will be the start of good things to come for my business. I really need this to work. I love the flexibility of working from home... it really works best for my family. But I will do what I need to do to help support our daughter's crazy horse habit ;)

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

that is awesome! Congrats... I hope it all comes through with flying colors. And great exposure for you to have your brushes as the prizes!

Laura

Team Immel said...

woo hoo you go girl! make those brushes!!! you are the brush queen!
xoxo
shauna

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about this order!!!!!I hope things pick up for you.....

Sharon