Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CSA: week 4

This week our box will have: lettuce, rhubarb, summer squash, pea pods, cauliflower, and Bing cherries. 

Love cherries!! They are one of my favorites. I'm sure they will be gone tonight ;) Still have rhubarb coming out of my ears. Need to work on using more of that. Looking forward to the summer squash. Nat was excited at the prospect of more pea pods. The lettuce keeps getting better and better each week. Such a treat to have a yummy salad with each meal.

Today Nat tried riding a friend's pony... Toby is a cutey. He was so good for Nat. I think he will be perfect for the re-test rating. A huge thanks going out to my friend Diana for letting us "borrow" him :) 

Nat worked at the barn this afternoon. She always enjoys hanging with her friend Sarah, and it sounds like they accomplished a lot! Way to go, girls.

I got allergy shots. Oh, joy. Good news though... I didn't die and I didn't need an epi pen ;) My dose was reduced and it went just peachy. Glad to have that over with for a month.

Jim's parents left this morning. It was sad to see them go. We really enjoyed our time with them. They really got to experience our crazy lives. It was fun having Izzi along at the barn and at the beach. She is so adorable and so sweet. Memo loved her :)



3 comments:

Team Immel said...

oooh izzy is the cutest!!! simba would of loved her too!!!!! we should have had a playdate!!!!

your csa box sounds great! cherries are the best!!!

glad you had a good time with the inlaws and that the pony is working out for nat.

looking forward to getting together hopefully thurs!!!

xoxox
si

My name is Shanna said...

Yea!!! I am so pleased that you have Tobey to borrow. (What a cute name for a horse!) Izzy is absolutely adorable too. That pic is a hoot.

Good to read that things are going well and I know you have to be on Cloud 9 after Shauna's good news. Enjoy the joy, you deserve it.

xoxo, Shanna

Laura Nicholas said...

hey - so good to see you yesterday - even for just a minute. Please tell Nat that Angie and Stacey loved their gifts. Again - thank you thank you thank you.... Stacey said that she actually just made her mom some green star earrings and she wanted to make some for herself. So this was just perfect. Please tell Nat - she is the best!

And Izzy is just too cute. She could be Simba's mini me... lol

Good luck to Nat at the re-test. I know she will do great.

See you soon, I hope.
Laura