Monday, July 14, 2008

Horse Camping

Nat, Memo and I are heading out tomorrow to go horse camping with friends at Stub Stewart State Park. They have horse corrals right next to the campsites! The girls and some of the moms will be doing trail rides. I will be sitting on my butt in a chair reading books and probably drinking wine ;) Maybe if I get ambitious, I will do a bit of hiking on the trails.

Luckily, the weather is supposed to cool off with highs in the 70's... just perfect. They also have bathrooms and showers! Alleluia! Rustic camping is not really my thing ;)

I'm planning on cooking up a storm. Have to take care of my horsey friends that always haul Memo for us. I will make campfire nachos with all the fixin's for dinner one night. Hot dogs, chips and watermelon for lunch. Blueberry pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast. I'm hoping to make some cookies tonight if I get an extra minute. We have plenty of junk food around! I put one of those margarita buckets in the freezer too... hope it stays frozen until we get there!!

Looking forward to some R&R. Will be so great to hang with friends, sleep in, read, have good conversation and laughs. Memo will be with friends too! She loves to trail ride, and is always thrilled to see deer. What a funny girl she is.

Have a good week! I'll post about our adventure when I get home on Thursday.

4 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

have a great time on your campout! sounds like a good time of just good ole R&R!

Laura

Jean said...

How fun your camping trip sounds!
trying to catch up on everyone's blog after being away-can you email me and tell me what csa boxes are????
Loved reaidng your menu for your trip! I wish I had your talent for cooking!!!
hugs
Jean

ali said...

Have a great time! Sounds awesome!

Team Immel said...

glad you could get away for some r&r! you always spoil everyone rotten with your cooking! i bet you all ate like kings!!! glad you are home safe and sound and that you enjoyed your trip.
xoxox
shauna