Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Tuesday

It is CSA day. I probably won't post a pic since things are so busy around here. But here is the contents of our box today: lettuce, cabbage, rhubarb, strawberries, beets, fava beans, and a mixture of dry beans. The cabbage and dry beans are the newbies. I think I will make pulled pork sandwiches with a slaw out of the cabbage. I'll probably soak the beans and make some kind of baked beans... always good with barbeque. If the strawberries are really ripe again, I will make more jam. Nat and I have been very hard on it! Yum. Shauna put fava beans into a pasta salad... I will definitely try that.

The signs are up for u-pick raspberries! My favorite! Nat and I need to find some time to go pick lots-o-berries for the freezer.

Nat has an ortho appointment this morning. Then I think we will run over to the other side of Portland to look for a riding coat for Nat. She has outgrown yet another one. I'm hoping we can find a consignment one since she is still growing. There are a couple of tack stores over there that have consignments. Far to go, but hopefully the prices will make it worth the drive.

Short and sweet... gotta run! Have a good day all!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

pulled pork sandwiches sound good to me! unfortunately i can't eat pork though! enjoy your bounty o food!!!

picking raspberries sounds like a good time! let me know when you plan to go!!!! maybe we'll join you! (if it's not too hot!)

hope you get a lot done today.

thanks for the coffee yesterday! fun times!

xoxo
shauna

My name is Shanna said...

Dropping in to say "hi" and love ya!!

xoxo, Shanna