Saturday, May 17, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...

Good title, Shauna :)

We are having a great time. Not your typical Vegas vacation, but so nice spending time with family. I suppose I should drop a quarter in a slot machine just to say I did.

The flight was pretty good. Been on worse. Always a little bumpy landing in Vegas.

Thursday night we went to see Phantom of the Opera. Just amazing and wonderful. What talent. We had close-up seats too... third row. We all just had the best time.

Today we will go to a pool party at Jim's brother Jason's house. It is definitely hot here so the water will feel good. God help my pasty white Oregonian skin though... time for lots of sunscreen. It will be cool to see Marie too... to see her little preggy belly :) Little Gracie will be here later this summer. Nat is stoked to finally have a girl cousin.

Nat wants to sneak over to NYNY to ride the roller coaster too.

Tomorrow is Jim's brother Todd's graduation from med school. It will be fun to be back on the campus of UNLV for the ceremony.  What an accomplishment for Todd. We are all looking forward to the party afterwards, and Jim is hoping to set up a family photo shoot. Last time I messed up the family pics by getting sick for Jason and Marie's wedding. Still can't believe I missed the entire wedding. Dang.

I have been walking while I've been here! Yesterday my father-in-law and I walked to the top of a little mountain and hiked around the desert near their home. Kinda hard on my ankles but it was a nice change of scenery. Jim joined us for our walk today... we were out in the desert again and saw a cool horned lizard. Definitely no lizards at the Murrayhill  powerline park, eh Shauna? lol

I'll try to post some pics later on. 

Stay cool.


Updated with video of what Natalie talked me into:




3 comments:

Team Immel said...

i hope jim had his camera and got a photo of the horned lizard!!!!

i have to remember to bring my camera on our next walk. we always find something to take a photo of!

glad you're having fun and walking! enjoy the pool! can't wait for your return!

xoxo
si

Laura Nicholas said...

sounds like you are having a great trip.

Enjoy the family time!
Laura

My name is Shanna said...

I wanna see the end of that video! How did you fair? Are you nuts!??!?! lol

Nice you had some time away and the added bonus of more family to share time with! Very cool. (well, not so 'cool' really, rather HOT!)

Hugs to you,
Shanna