Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy 40th, Laura!


Laura was one of the first scrapbookers I ever met. Shortly after I met Shauna.

I have been lucky enough to get to know her better the last couple of years. When I was fortunate enough to take the summer off from HOTP for Jim's sabbatical in 2006, I immediately thought of Laura to take my place. She jumped at the chance. Of course, they fell in love with her too, and hired her full time in my absence.

Laura is a great mom of two boys and keeps a frantic schedule. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know. I will never be able to thank her enough for organizing Cropping Out Cancer for Shauna. What an amazing day that was, and the crop raised thousands of dollars for Shauna and her family.

Since I left HOTP to start my own business, I don't get to see her as often as I'd like. She is always checking in with me via email and blog comments and phone calls. We occasionally meet at Noah's for a bagel and good conversation.

Happy birthday to you, Laura! I hope you had a great time on your girl's weekend to Friday Harbor! You deserve it! We will celebrate together when you get home! Love ya!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

Happiest of Birthdays Laura!! The big four-oh! congrats! love you to pieces. everything paris said about you is true and so much more! you are an incredible person and we are so lucky to call you friend! you are a real treasure. can't wait to celebrate with you soon!

xoxox
shauna

Laura Nicholas said...

ahhhh - thanks Paris! I made it back from my weekend not too long ago. Had a wonderful time and will post an update on my blog soon. But Friday Harbor.... oh my - so want to just move there. And the whale watching excursions was absolutely amazing...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Turning 40 turned out to not be too bad...

laura