Friday, May 30, 2008

A Weekly Update

Since the drama-rama on Tuesday, things have been busy! I was pretty much down for the count that day and have been playing catch up ever since. Thanks so much for all of the emails, comments and phone calls to check in on me! You are the best!

Wednesday after getting home from riding lessons, I changed out of my barn clothes and picked up Shauna, her mom and a friend from her cancer support group and we headed downtown for a Write Around Portland anthology release and reading. Shauna read one of her amazing poems. She did a wonderful job! She will be on the website as their feature writer soon! Keep checking the site! It was an inspirational night, and it meant the world to me to be there.

Thursday, it was laundry mania and then back to the barn. So relieved that both Memo and Nat are okay after their little spill. They had a good lesson with Janice (whom I just adore and is such a problem solver!). I was asleep on the couch as soon as I sat down last night, and in bed by 9:30. Sheesh! What a party pooper.

Today I am having coffee with my friend Kimberly. It will be so great to see her and get caught up. Nat has pony club tonight. They are trailering up to Far Hills Farm for some more cross country training. Hopefully no more drama or rain.

Saturday we head up to Gig Harbor to see Sam and family for the day. She has graciously let us borrow her pop-up camper for the summer to take to horse shows! What a gal! It will be so great to see them and hang out for awhile.

Sunday Jim will head back out to the Mt. Hood wilderness to help his buddy Tom get ready for their annual Black Dog Dualsport ride. Last weekend, Jim loaded up the motorcycle in hopes of pre-riding with Tom but they were rained out. I hope the sun shines for them this Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

Here's to a great weekend for Nat at her Pony Club and you with Kimberly and up in Gig Harbor and Jim on his bike! Let there be SUN!

Thanks so much for going to the release party and for driving. Meant the world to me. You're the best.

xoxo
shauna