Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Drama

So I just spent my morning at the allergist getting my monthly allergy shots. Usually I am in and out in 30 minutes. Today I got to spend some quality time there.

I went into anaphalaxis after my shots. Started to cough and not be able to breathe. Major asthma attack. They gave me two puffs on the inhaler. No luck. Then some epinephrine. Hate that. Started to shake but things opened up almost immediately. Still had to do some more inhaler and wait awhile for my vitals to straighten out. They sent me on my way with a package of antihistimines to take every two hours.Ugh.

I'm sitting here, shaking like crazy. Hard to type. Totally sucks. I guess this wasn't as big of a dose as the epipen so hopefully I won't be up for 3 days again like last time. Won't need to have any coffee or tea today.

For some more drama, check this out: this is a video from Saturday when we schooled at Inavale. Midway through the video, there is a segment of Memo and Nat sliding into a jump. They both fell down. It was absolutely terrifying (you can hear me scream and drop the camera), but they were both okay. Could have been so much worse. Memo did her darndest to not fall on Nat. Cross country is not for the faint of heart (me). Didn't phase my little adrenaline junkie though... Nat had a great day.


3 comments:

Team Immel said...

great title for your life lately!

wow! i'm glad you were still at the docs when that happened, must have been really scary. maybe you should start taking me with you to your shots in case something happens? i could be your "shot buddy". ????

glad nat and memo survived their fall too. loved the video of them riding. they are so gorgeous out there. i was so impressed. i'm glad you dropped the camera when you did, cuz i don't think i wanted to see that fall in it's entirity! scary stuff!!!! oh the life of a horsemom!!!

put your feet up and take it easy today.

xoxox
shauna

My name is Shanna said...

Good gravy, lady!!! Are you okay now?? I held my own breath as I read your post. Eeek! I am glad that they were able to get your attack under control and I pray that you have a quick recovery from the epi.

Happiest of birthdays to Memo! That shot of Memo's face close-up is incredible. WTG, Jim! I tell ya, she is a beautiful girl and that shot captures her gentle spirit famously.

Love and hugs,
Shanna

ali said...

OMG Paris! How scary all the way around! The drama at the allergist office, and then with Nat and Memo! Big Hugs to you!!!!