Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tortilla Soup




I have this in the crockpot today:
Tortilla Soup
Ingredients


2 chicken breasts (I use the frozen ones from Costco)

1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes (or Rotel)

1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce

½ cup chopped onion

1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies

1 clove garlic, minced

1 carton chicken broth

1 can corn (drained)

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon dried cilantro

1 teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon black  pepper

1 bay leaf

Tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded colby-jack cheese


Directions:

In crockpot, combine all ingredients except chips, sour cream and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove the bay leaf.  Remove chicken and shred it using 2 forks. Add the chicken back to the soup. Serve the soup with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese.


2 comments:

Team Immel said...

yum! serve me up! lol you've made this for us before and it's delicious! sounds like a good winter's night dish! i was envious of your busy day. it sounded normal and filled with family holiday cheer. xoxoxo shauna

My name is Shanna said...

Man, did you know that I am sick and have been craving homemade soup all day?? I haven't had the energy to go find a tomato and onion free recipe, but I can totally modify this one and make it work!!

Sounds fantastic!! Thank you, cooking queen! You amaze me everytime.

Shanna