Thursday, December 6, 2007

Not bad for an English Major

I received a very nice compliment from Natalie the other day: "Mom, you are getting pretty good at this computer stuff." Coming from her, that is high praise.  She definitely takes after her dad in the techie department. She is taking both computer animation and computer graphics this semester and getting higher grades than the high schoolers in class with her. She also knows how to take pics w/her digital camera and get them on the computer... alas that is still a mystery to me ;)

In starting my online business, I have had to learn a lot! The learning curve has been very steep, but I can now do the following:
  • create ads using Adobe InDesign
  • create graphic files for my laser engraver using Adobe Illustrator
  • create and maintain a website!
  • use a laser engraving machine that only has directions in Chinese!
  • post on this blog!!
It is all still quite shocking to me... who would have thought I could do this!!!  I have to admit, I would still be sitting here scratching my head if it wasn't for Jim.  He is my techie in shining armor. 

And the best part of my new job... my commute.  I love walking to the garage and working in my jammies :)

My next challenge: learning QuickBooks.  I have all of my receipts, etc. tucked into a nice accordian file. I have my inventory written on a notebook page.  Not exactly high tech there...

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

So very proud of you P! YOu rock! You are my idol! I always knew you were a closet techie. YOu can do anything you put your heart and mind to.
xoxo
Shauna