Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve

2009... bring it on. I cannot wait to start a different year. Not that 2008 was horrible. It could have been so much worse. "What does not kill you, makes you stronger"... right?! There were many fabulous times and many not so great times. Lots of worries along with lots of laughter. Here's to the less worries part in 2009.

Tonight we are going to have our annual NYE get-together with the Thomas family in Newberg. I cannot wait to see them!! It has been far too long. We can always count on the Thomas' for good conversation, food and wine :) They rock. And they got a Wii for Christmas... that is always a hoot!

Last night was so awesome. Nat spent the night with Grandpa and Grandma in Silverton. Jim and I went out for a belated birthday celebration of our own. We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. What an incredible flick! I adored it. I cried my way through it because that is what I do best... but I loved it so much. After the movie, we went to a restaurant called Tina's in Dundee (right in the heart of the Oregon wine country). Our friend Lori had given us a gift certificate there. It was such a cozy little place, and the food was very well-prepared, local and fresh. It was just the perfect night. I love spending time with Jim so much... I really am the luckiest girl ever to have a husband like him. How cool is it to still be madly in love after 18+ years of marriage :)

This morning, I got my allergy shots. Ugh. Don't have to go for another three weeks! Woo hoo! I'm getting back to my maintenance dosage again, slowly but surely. Then I headed down south to pick up Nat. We hit a few sales at the outlet mall (very few) and then headed home. Jim and Nat just left for the barn to see the Memo girl. I should be cleaning up my kitchen and doing laundry but here I sit blogging away. Guess I know what I will be doing next. I will also whip up a dessert to bring to dinner tonight.

I will have to do a separate post with all of my resolutions for 2009. It will probably be a long list... starting with finding a new part time job. I have decided that I really need to do that, and work at my business on the weekends and evenings. I guess I will be out there looking for a job along with thousands of others who are out of work so wish me luck ;) If you know of any good leads, let me know. I really hope to find something I can do while Nat is at school. A tall order, I'm sure.

Happy New Year to you all. Be safe tonight!! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

Happy New Year to you too. Sorry I've neglected reading your blog, I've done that to everyone as FAcebook has totally taken me by storm!! Let's make 2009 one to remember. Love ya. xoxoxo shauna