Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve


We had an early Christmas Eve celebration at my sister's house in Wilsonville this afternoon. Because of the weather, we met early so everyone could be home before dark. No fun driving on ice and snow. It was a nice, relaxing day. We all made a bunch of yummy appetizers to snack on, opened gifts, then played a game of Holiday Charades. Lots of fun.

Made it home... no problem with the roads. Jim's truck is a good snow vehicle. Nat is watching It's a Wonderful Life on tv. I wrapped a few last minute gifts. Just got a call from Elise and it sounds like we should be able to get to the barn tomorrow! I'm sure that is about the best Christmas gift for Nat... to see her Memo girl after so many days.

It will definitely be a white Christmas tomorrow, despite the rain we got today.... the most snow ever in Portland on Christmas :) It is still a winter wonderland out there. When I looked out the window a few minutes ago, it was snowing again! The flakes are really heavy and wet and not sticking.

Tomorrow we will open our gifts here at home and have a nice breakfast. Jim and Nat will head to the barn for awhile, and then we will go down to Silverton to have dinner with my family. My dad is making his famous prime rib :)

I'm just loving all of the wonderful Christmas cards... thank you all so much!! Delivery has been spotty around here... we have had quite a few days of no mail service (including today). UPS and Fed Ex are really on our naughty list as well... we are missing some packages. Really ticks me off, but what can you do??

I am so grateful for all of my family and friends. Happiest of holidays to you all. Here's to the best year yet in 2009. I'm really hopeful that it will be a good one :) Christmas hugs to you all!

4 comments:

Team Immel said...

Christmas hugs to you too Paris! And Happy Birthday my dear, sweet friend!!

You Christmas sounds magical. As it should be! I'm so glad you got to spend it with family and that Nat got out to see Memo.

And thank you for making our Christmas so special with your kindness and thoughtfulness and talent! You knock it out of the ball park every time my dear.

Christmas will come to you belated this year and Laura and I can't wait to go on a big girl playdate with you!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Paris, Your family picture is beautiful! You have a lovely family! Thanks for making our Christmas so wonderful! How talented you all are...can't believe how beautiful everything is...thanks so much. Love, mom

Team Immel said...

Forgot to say how much you and Nat look alike in this photo!!! Wow!
xoxox

ali said...

I love the photo of your family Paris! I especially love that I have seen all of you in person! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas! And I hope 2009 is your best year yet! Hugs!