Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cabin Fever *w/update

Remember that post on Saturday... where I was wishing for snow and wanting a FEW days at home. Boy did we get a few days at home. School has been cancelled ever since and I have only left the house a few times. The first couple days were nice and now...

I AM GOING STIR CRAZY!!!

It is really getting old at this point. Poor Nat has not been to the barn since Saturday. I don't have chains for my car so there is no way I am going to attempt the Windsong hill. Forget about buying chains... everywhere is sold out. I've baked enough cookies and candies to feed a small army. Wrapped a few gifts. Did laundry (and even put it away!). Watched lots of movies and old Buffy the Vampire episodes. I even cleaned my house... a little bit. I still could do more cleaning but yuck. 

ENOUGH ALREADY! And guess what?  It is snowing. AGAIN.

I need to finish my Christmas shopping. I need to get allergy shots. I need to go have coffee with my friends and deliver their gifts. My girl needs to ride her horse. My girl also needs to get to school to deliver her friend/teacher gifts... not to mention get an education before having another 2 weeks off. Sigh.

Did I mention that this is GETTING OLD??

And get this... it snowed in Las Vegas??? LOTS of snow! What the heck??

Update: Okay, no more whining! I'm so glad to be home again after being out and about today. I was able to get allergy shots, run errands and even get Nat to the barn! Whew!

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

glad you got so much accomplished. it's been a tough week being cooped up at home with the kids, but think of the memories! "remember that time it snowed and we had a whole week of school off before having two weeks of christmas vacation?" We're making memories baby! you have accomplished soooo much at home and everyone will get their stuff and you had all of that uninterrupted time to bake etc! And we might have a white christmas? i can't remember the last time we had one of those!! cheers! xoxox