Saturday, December 6, 2008

Blogging + Percocet

Could be an interesting combination. 

Had a minor day surgery on Thurs. Wasn't even going to blog about it. Thought it would be no big deal. I was kinda wrong.

Went to the day surgery center at our clinic's branch in Portland. What a great, professional bunch of people. Every nurse checked in on me every time they walked by my bed. They were thorough and caring. The anesthesiologist (sp?) was great. My doc was great. They all took good care of me. Jim took the day off of work to be with me. He was amazing too.

It took me awhile to come out of the anesthesia. I think we got home about 4:30. Took longer than I thought it would. Was in a lot more pain that I expected. I have been taking percocet as well as 3 motrin fairly regularly since I got home. The first evening/night was the worst.

Every day since has gotten better. I'm moving slowly. Still have pain. Lots of bloating and cramping. Sore throat from the breathing tube. The meds knock me out so I'm sleeping a lot. Haven't really eaten much. Maybe a good time to start that diet.

Jim and Nat have been the best. I am so lucky. Everyone has been so thoughtful with cards, emails, phone calls, texts and even flowers from Shauna. Elise has been taking care of Memo and picked up Nat from school on Thurs. I'm so blessed.

The surgery was something that I have wanted/needed to do for some time, and due to our insurance changing the first of the year, thought I should go ahead and get it done. Details are tmi!! No need to worry. I'm just fine.

Jim and Nat are at the barn getting a much needed break from waiting on me. I'm buried in a nest of pillows and blankets on the sofa with the laptop. Just woke up from a nap.

I might be a little late with Christmas cards and such this year. The decorations might not be up in time. Eventually I will be back to my old self and get everything done. 

Thanks again to all of you for your well-wishes. Love you all.

3 comments:

Laura Nicholas said...

hey there girl - glad to see you blogging. And hey, you even made sense on percocet!

Keep getting lots of rest.
Laura

Angie said...

take care of yourself. sending Christmas hugs.

Team Immel said...

so glad you are on the mend and that i could be there for you for a change! hope you feel better every single day and that we can go have a playdate soon. love ya to pieces p!
xoxox
si