Monday, January 5, 2009

Ginger

My Ginger bunny is not feeling very well. She has hardly touched her food, hay and water since Thursday. Occasionally, she will eat some celery leaves, a piece of apple or banana, or a dried cranberry. She came out of her cage on Thursday and Friday, but did not want us to hold or touch her. She even bit Jim and me when we tried to pet her!! So not like her. This weekend, she would not even come out of her cage.

I'm pretty worried about her. Just dropped her off at the vet's office. They were too booked for an appointment, but since it was an emergency they let me drop her off and will monitor her and fit her in for treatment throughout the day.

My heart is breaking for her. I don't want her to be in any pain. I hope they can help her. We have decided that we can't and won't go to extraordinary measures to save her... she is an old bunny. And we just had that huge vet bill for Memo. Sigh.

Ginger is such a part of our family. She is especially my little buddy. I love cuddling with her on the sofa. I love when she has to climb up and look right in my face, with her little whiskers tickling me. I love when she is so relaxed, and completely sacked out on my lap. I love when she gives me lots of kisses. She is a good bun, and has been such a great pet. I really hope she will be okay.

2 comments:

ali said...

Oh, poor Ginger! I will be thinking good thoughts and sending get well wishes! Poor little bunny!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending healthy thoughts Ginger's way. Take care little bunny!

Love,
Robanne