Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged by my friend Ali on Facebook to do a list of 25 Random Things about myself. I thought I would post them here too, with a few edits that are blog-friendly:

1. I am making "No-Knead Bread" right now. Yes, I'm a food nerd.
2. I really love being a wife and mom.
3. I am still madly in love with my husband. He still makes me weak in the knees :)
4. I have been doing allergy shots for almost 2 years, only 3 more to go! I am allergic to lots of different pollens and cats, and have allergy-induced asthma. Not a good combo when you live in a barn.
5. I think that chocolate is a major food group.
6. I have lived in quite a few states: Iowa, Minnesota, Arizona, Nevada and Oregon. Oregon feels like home.
7. I hate cancer with a passion.
8. If I didn't like cheese so much, I would be a skinny chick.
9. Sometimes I hate being nice. It bites me in the butt way too often.
10. I know every word to every song on the first Norah Jones CD. You should hear me sing in the car when I am by myself ;) Or maybe not!
11. I have to clean my house when having company over or leaving on an airplane. I swear that is the only way it ever gets clean! Hate cleaning!
12. Chai tea lattes are a comfort food for me.
13. I collect cookbooks from everywhere I go. I read them like novels.
14. I usually make dinner every night of the week and love it!
15. In my next life, I want to be a chef with my own cooking show. That or a Gran Prix race car driver ;)
16. I would love to retire to a beautiful log cabin on a lake and make quilts. And go on motorcycle rides with Jim. Heaven.
17. I print out way too many recipes from the internet. I have piles of them everywhere!!
18. I sometimes wish I was a horse person for Natalie's sake. Just don't have it in me though. Missing that horse gene. I love tagging along and watching though.
19. I would jump on a plane tomorrow to go somewhere new even though I hate flying. I really want to go to Holland and Italy. Or to the South Pacific. Or back to Paris. So many places, so little money or time ;)
20. I get giddy over a really good meal at a fancy restaurant!
21. I am letting my hair turn gray... no more color for me. I earned every single gray hair so why not show them off ;)
22. I would give anything to have a clutter-free house! I would love to be more organized.
23. I wish that I would have earned my teaching degree along with my English degree. Being a teacher or sub would have been a good mom job for me.
24. I love that I have raised a wonderful, independent, smart daughter. She is my greatest achievement. That is enough for me.
25. I used to be more of a social butterfly, but now I am happiest at home with my family preferably in my "Life is Good" jammies. Natalie says that I am "anti-social".

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

i loved this when i read it on fb and i love it here too! i need to get one done someday. i gotta stay away from fb! omg!! lol

thanks for sharing. you rock.
xoxox

Katie Hacker said...

Hey Paris, so fun to know more about you. I had a pretty good idea about the mom, wife, chocolate, recipes and Norah Jones stuff, but I didn't know that you wished you'd gotten your teaching cert. I love the 25 things.