Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We Made It!

Had a very uneventful trip to Idaho. Whew... no drama ;) 

Idaho Horse Park is a fabulous, huge venue. We are just taking it all in and doing LOTS of walking. Memo has settled in beautifully. She is drinking her water, eating lots of grain and hay, and is feeling quite cozy. She really loves to be a show pony.

Today they did some schooling (in the big event center!). Elise got on her first and worked out the sillies. Nat got on and did a great job. Must say that once again, Memo was the sane one when compared with other Arabians. There are some really CRAZY horses (and riders!) out there. I was absolutely appalled to see riders without helmets and one lady even had sneakers on!! WTH?? Cannot even tell you how many times I was holding my breath watching some of the riders jump. Just downright scary. Oh, well. Just makes Nat and Memo look all that better.

Our hotel room is uber-small. Kind of disappointed in that, but it is clean and quiet with a killer high powered shower so that is good I guess. It is in a good location, close to great restaurants and coffee shops.

We are off to goof off for awhile... maybe a movie or mini-golf. Margaritas and Mexican food are also on the agenda.

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. Will post again soon I hope!!

4 comments:

Katie Hacker said...

Sounds good! I have been thinking about you and Shauna because I stayed up until 2am reading Twilight last night. I didn't know much about it until you guys blogged about it and then Craig read it and then I just had to read it. Last night. After a nap and some coffee, I feel almost normal enough to start on the next book...

Jean said...

Glad everyone is settled nicely. That is amazing that some don't wear helmets! I'd freak! I wont allow my kids to get on anything (bikes, blades, scooters) without one. I cant image a horse! Good luck to Natalie! Have a great time!!!!

ali said...

Sounds great Paris! I can't wait to hear how things go this week! Best of luck to Nat and Memo! PS - Hope the margaritas and mexican food were FABULOUS!

Hugs!

Team Immel said...

sounds like a great time!!!!

a high powered shower is a plus for sure!

enjoy your movie and mexican!

miss you and love you heaps.
xoxo
shauna