Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget

I remember this day 7 years ago as one of the worst. Still can't even fathom that it happened. My friend, Laura, wrote a very touching post that was such a powerful tribute. Thanks, Laura.

I pray that nothing like that ever happens in our country again.

Just got back from a walk and coffee with Shauna. Another gorgeous morning here. LOVE this time of year. And being with that girl just cheers me up. Thanks, Shauna!!

Yesterday, I had a "poor me" day. Not sure why, just in a bad mood I guess. I had to get allergy shots. Ick. I tried to do some very minimal "retail therapy" but not sure it really helped me out... just made me feel guilty. I hit Ross Dress for Less for a cheap fall purse and new sunglasses. I also hit the local Assistance League Thrift Shop and found some rockin' brand name sweaters. Love that place!!  Luckily, I am doing much better today. The walk, hanging with Shauna, the sun, and a coffee drink from Borders have left me in a much better frame of mind ;)

Today we are off to the barn again... should be short and sweet though. Memo had a chiropractic treatment yesterday so she is on vacation for a few days. Nat needs to do special stretches with her as well as her give her some horsey motrin type stuff. She is also "horse-sitting" for a lady from the barn while she is on vacation. Nat is going to give Dundee an extra-special grooming, put sunscreen on his nose, and give him lots of love and treats. So nice of Julanne to support Nat's trip to Nationals by giving her this job :)

Thoughts and prayers going out to Laura's son as he has surgery today. I hope it goes well, and that Lucas has a speedy recovery. 

Sooooooo happy that tomorrow is Friday. Bring it on!!

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

aw, you always put me in a better mood too! that's what friends are for!!

so laura's son is having surgery today??? wow, that was fast. i'll be thinking of him. are we still on for tomorrow? i did a last minute thing today and signed up for another write around pdx 10 wk writing workshop that begins tomorrow 11-1 on burnside. so i'll have to bow out of our bagels early.

glad to hear the happiness and spunk in your post. isn't the day just gorgeous???? glorious might be a better word for it!!!

hope nat likes her book.

xoxo
si

Jean said...

sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday, Paris! But today sounded like just what you needed.
Glad you enjoyed your time w/Shauna.

What book did you get?