Wednesday, September 3, 2008

CSA: Week 11

This week we have sweet corn, summer squash, cucumbers, new potatoes, fresh beans, Melrose apples, tomatoes, cilantro, and a salsa kit. 

Guess I will be making another batch of salsa!! Woo hoo! A girl cannot have too much salsa.

Just finished eating one of the apples for lunch. They are green and really sour. I think I will save the rest for making caramel apples or apple crisp. Definitely needs something sweet with them!!

I never did end up making potato salad last week. I made crash potatoes (AGAIN!!) and potato leek soup (AGAIN!!). Potatoes = goodness!!

I just finished a bunch of updates on my website. Added a gallery of sample brushes, as well as some pocket-size brushes I am now selling.

I also did a bunch of holiday ads for magazines. I will have ads in Horse Illustrated, Young Rider, California Riding Magazine and Horses Inc. I might have an ad in the local Flying Changes magazine too. Still working out the details. Please, Lord, bless my little business with a prosperous holiday shopping season!! Pretty please!

I am off to run errands. Need to hit Fred Meyer and Trader Joe's. Will pick up Nat after that, then we get to head home. I will go to my cancer support group tonight if all goes as planned. The next three days will be barn days. Nat is really working hard to get ready for Nationals.

And so far, so good w/school. Nat enjoyed her first day back. She was able to wear the official "first day of school outfit" today. I'll have to snap another pic ;)

One more thing... congrats to Nat's friend, Taylor! She had an amazing horse show last week... she won the Maclay medal, the OHJA Junior medal and placed really well in her other classes. WTG, Taylor!! These girls and their horses are on a roll... all their hard work is really paying off :) Nat and Taylor have been friends since they were babies... somehow they both ended up with the horse gene ;) Lucky us, eh, Darcie??

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

stop making the rest of us look so bad! you super girl you!! look at all you accomplished!

i hope this season brings you much success with your horsey biz!!!

as for those crashed potatoes...they are a hit at my house!!! a girl can never have too many crashed potatoes!!!!

xoxo
shauna

ps. check out amy w's blog today! she's my kind of girl. sounds like your kind too! lol

pss. my friend is still waiting for results of her CA125. so we don't know yet. fyi, she's keeping it hush hush (dh doesn't even know). so please keep the info between you and i for now. thanks.